Help re Covid and contact needed

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Help re Covid and contact needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #50424 Report



    I am really struggling and need some advice please.

    I am the dad of a 2 year old daughter who I see every other weekend. Her mother is very hard to communicate with, and now has stopped me her as she is under the false impression I am breaking Covid rules . (I live with 2 shielding relatives so can not ever risk this).
    My ex does not communicate effectively, does not fill in the communication book, and harasses me over text constantly. I have screenshot everything etc.

    I will be taking her back to court for the 3rd time in as many years now for her breaking the CAO. The thing is, I’m thinking of getting the police involved now as she is causing no end of stress for me and my family. I am also going to be getting in touch with a solicitors this coming week for advice.

    Is there any advice anyone could give me here, please? Would getting the police involved before court make things worse?
    thank you

    #50428 Report

    Hi Lee

    I’m Michelle one of the Moderators here in the forum. It’s good to see you here posting. It would be difficult for Members in the forum to answer your question as this is a legal matter and you’re seeking advice.  There are some services who may be able to guide you.

    Child Law advice service – provide legal advice on family law issues related to children,  they have information on their website about this, and a helpline staffed by legal specialists 0300 330 5480

    Family Rights Group on 0808 801 0366  They advise around options where decisions have been made by the courts or social workers around their children’s welfare

    You’ve said that what you’re experiencing is stressful, so  if you need some additional support for yourself around this you could also contact Family Lives.

    Family Lives provide general support to families on issues around parenting, emotional support and just generally coping as a parent  0808 800 2222

    I hope that helps a bit

    Kind regards


    #50441 Report



    Police will likely tell you to take it back to court. They may act if your suffering serious harassment or getting abusive messages. It’s unfair to stop you seeing child just because you live with others who are shielding/vulnerable. Sounds like you may have to return to court to enforce order.

    #50469 Report


    Thank you for the advice. Will be taking it back to court. I appreciate your time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register