Help. Ex is being difficult and refusing to split

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Help. Ex is being difficult and refusing to split

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #43538 Report


    Hi everyone. It’s my first post on here and I probably should have posted a long time ago.

    I’ve been going through a horrible few years trying to split from my partner. He refuses to acknowledge we arent together and refuses to move out, sell the house so I can move on. The atmosphere at home is awful and we have two young kids.

    He doesn’t do his share of the housework, I believe he’s trying to make my life hell by not tidying up after himself and putting all the housework and childcare pressure on me even though I do a full time job.

    He won’t participate in any meaningful conversation and he meets me with sarcasm or dismisses me  everytime I try to talk to him. He’s made me feel trapped like I can’t move on I feel so stuck and like there’s no hope. He’s made me feel really low and I’m at the stage where I can’t see any happiness. I don’t have family or friends around else I’d go there for a few days and sort things out, he knows this. I feel like he’s emotionally abusing me making it difficult to leave.

    He’s also taken to manipulating conversations trying to get a reaction from me and then recording what I say for his records. I feel he’s trying to build a case against me   In case I do get the courage to leave, blackmail me to stay.

    He is know for being a rather difficult person when things get difficult and has had various work related issues over the years, he’s a defensive person and will challenge decisions until he wins

    Please help I feel so low like I have no way to turn. I’ve really started to hate my life and what it has become

    Is there any one I can connect with on a regular basis for support and advice


    #43545 Report


    this sounds awful, so sorry for you and the kids 

    Is there no way you can just move out?

    Maybe an idea to seek some professional advice either via a solicitor or citizens advice which I guess can point you in a direction

    You certainly need to find a solution

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register