Getting my son into another country

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Getting my son into another country

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #26666 Report


    Hi! We have booked a holiday to America in September. I am taking my daughter who is 18 and my son who is 16, both from a previous marriage. I have found out that I need a permission letter from my sons father to let him into the states. But we dont have any contact with him so I’m really panicking they wont let him in without the letter. I have tried so many places but no one seems to have heard of this situation which I find really odd as this must happen all the time. Please help me someone.

    #26675 Report



    apart from the gingerbread helpline:

    This other organisation might also be able to help:

    Child Law advice service – they provide legal advice on family law issues related to children, their helpline is staffed by legal specialists 0300 330 5480

    All the best


    #26734 Report


    I’ve taken my small son into the US twice so far and have not been stopped or asked for proof.

    I was asked to prove my relationship to my son while travelling with him to France a couple of years ago. I always carry a copy of his birth certificate, that proves I am his mum, because we have different surnames. Also an official letter (I use a school admissions one) that shows he lives with me, but the only time I have been asked was when travelling on EuroStar.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register