Gambling addict partner help

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Gambling addict partner help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #54727 Report

    Hi all, I’ll try to keep this as short as possible!

    so 22 years ago I met my partner, little did I know at that time he had a gambling addiction. He did stop for 3 years at which point we brought a house, then it started again, he remortgaged without me knowing as i wasnt on the mortgage because of my credit rating.came home one day to be told he had remortgaged so many times and missed payments we were going to have to sell.At that point his parents stepped in and paid the mortgage, since then we have lived in the house but the gambling has continued over the years.We have a son who is 8, i work full time and owe 23k roughly all because ive tried to help him out of financial messes.

    well ive now had enough, i cant trust him, i dont think i have any feelings towards him.he has drained me in every way possible and i want out.he just expects me to bail him out all the time and when i dont i get the silent treatment like right now, this is not living !

    what worries me is i dont know where to start with housing help etc, i need to be near my sons school as to take him out would be too stressful for him.please someone help!

    #54745 Report



    if its not too late to mend the relationship, theres some info here about gambling charities that support people with addiction:,every%20day%208am%20to%20midnight.

    #54794 Report

      Hi my partner also has an gambling addiction, not as bad as you have it. I have no advice but I do know how your feeling, the constant lies, betrayel ect. It’s a horrible. Feeling.
    #54813 Report

    Hi Potentialsingleparent

    I’m Michelle one of the Moderators here.  There is some info within the site about housing that may be helpful.  Here’s a link:

    Housing – Gingerbread

    GamCare also offer support to anyone effected by gambling related harms.  You can get in touch with the service via the following link:

    GamCare – Provide information, advice and support for anyone affected by gambling harms. GamCare operate the National Gambling Helpline, and provide treatment for anyone who is harmed by gambling  0808 8020 133

    You may also be able to receive some guidance via the Single Parent Helpline.  Here are the contact details:

    Gingerbread Single Parent Helpline – Freephone 0808 802 0925

    Opening hours:  Mon 10 – 6, Tues 10- 4, Wed 10 – 1 & 5 – 7, Thurs 10 – 4, Fri 10 – 4  They can be busy so callers can expect to wait up to 20 minutes before the call is answered

    I hope that helps a little bit

    Kind regards


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register