Full custody?

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Full custody?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • #26394 Report


    I have a 2 year old son and we both live with his Dad but we are not in good terms. He asked me to leave and find my own accommodation but he wants me to leave our son to him in which he said he will apply for full custody.. Can he do that? Can he take my son away from me?

    #26402 Report

    Hi Les35

    I’m sorry you are in this situation.  Not knowing whether something is allowed can add to the frustration.  You can always contact our Single Person Helpline.  They should be able to help you explore your options.  Best wishes.


    #26404 Report


    Hi Les

    You have to contact your local housing team at the council. They should be able to help you with somewhere to live. Even if it’s temporary until they find you somewhere permanent.

    Your partner will have to have a very strong case as the courts almost most of the time will rule in favour of the mother.


    #26407 Report


    Hi all thank you for the reply… Council wont help until im being thrown out of the house with my son… they said they couldnt even help me if im not with my son.. still looking for help

    #26433 Report


    Sorry to to hear this! I sue my ex girlfriend and won the full custody as a father against mom but I won because she just left and didn’t had any feelings for my daughter. In your case, I do not think he can get a full custody if you are willing to raise your kid. Hope all gonna turn up ok for you and the little one. All the best!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register