Hello All. What are the pros and cons of deciding/starting finance proceedings (Form A & Form E) while Decree Nisi is done and Absolute is still pending? In my case Decree Absolute is already done. How would this effect me if I start finance proceedings now?. Ex has declined mediation unfortunately. Anything I need to be weary about or watch out for?. Any advise or experiences and mistakes/blunders to avoid? Please share. Much appreciated. TIA
You will be able to start financial proceedings now, I would also speak to a solicitor about having a financial court order drawn up. I had a solicitor do a basic one for 250 plus vat and that will protect my son and I and stop my ex coming at me for more money.
Definitely don’t give any money over until a name comes off the mortgage and title as they can come back for more.
hi i’ve just been through the financial proceedings it is lengthy process form A & E. i finally got my court order and pay day is end of may for me hopefully or i get to sell my business, in this i have applied for decree absolute which i should get nxt mth. I would get your form A & E going for your decree absolute to be finalized but getting a good solicitor is also a must in this. Good luck!
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.