Ex playing games

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Ex playing games

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #27143 Report


    As part of a consent order in our divorce, my ex is supposed to pay for childcare on top of maintenance. Unfortunately the order is vague enough that he seems to be able to mess me around with how much he is paying. I don’t have the money to keep using a solicitor to sort it out.

    He enjoys playing games and keeping information from me, so the more I try to get agreement or assurances about what he will pay, the more he enjoys ignoring me.

    He’s clearly getting a kick out of it so I don’t want to keep feeding that, so how do I make sure the consent order is enforced without bankrupting myself or boosting his ego any further?

    #27147 Report



    Have you been to see Citizens Advice? You can book free appointments with them and they have in house solicitors that can advise you.

    Some solicitors offer free 30 minute consultations. You could use on of then maybe to get some additional advice.

    Stay strong.



    #27150 Report



    my first port of call would be to ring the gingerbread helpline on 0808 802 0925 or click the contact link below for more info. They will be able to signpost you.

    One of the places that the team will probably advise you to speak to is called:

    ‘Rights of women 020 7251 6577 We are a women’s charity working in a number of ways to help women through the law. Our vital services aim to provide women with the legal advice and information they need to understand and use the law and their legal rights.’

    Hope this helps


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register