Emergency Hearing?

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Emergency Hearing?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #58620 Report



    I am after some advice, My ex has claimed Domestic Abuse and it’s false – we are currently going through the family court. Everything she is doing is to get herself a state property (council house).

    I have received news today that she hasn’t taken our daughter to the first day of school at the school she accepted because her housing situation isn’t resolved yet. I offered in the past to help with housing and it was ignored.

    I am really sad that our daughter has missed last year of school and now she will be missing majority of this year and this will have a major impact on her development.

    The mum has confirmed I am a good Dad and “She didn’t expect court to take this long”, it’s being used as a weapon to hurt me.

    I am looking at Emergency Hearings and would like some advice? I currently have my own property and the school our daughter was to go to is down the road. Would they consider this as an Emergency? I have a lot of proof that she is not nice to the children and the way she acts is damaging.

    With an on-going case, I am unsure how it will look or if it’s possible?

    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by schmeckles66.
    #58647 Report



    with emergency hearings, these happen if the child is at risk of harm or if there is a risk that the child could be abducted/taken out of the country if the emergency hearing does not happen. think you should inform the court about the child missing out on education like that. should be taken seriously.

    #58678 Report

    Hi there

    I’m one of the moderators and I have read through your post today.  You have spoken about your ex partner not being very nice to your children and you also feel this is damaging.  If you are concerned about the welfare of your children you can contact the NSPCC for advice and guidance around this.  Here is their number:

    • NSPCC – support for any adult concerned about the safety of a child – 0808 800 5000

    For legal advice you can contact the Child Law advice service.  Hopefully they will be able to help you.

    • Child Law advice service https://childlawadvice.org.uk/ – they again provide legal advice on family law issues related to children, so if you are thinking of stopping contact they have information on their website about this, and a helpline staffed by legal specialists 0300 330 5480

    Hope this helps, Justine


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register