Court order advice

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Court order advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #61626 Report


    My Ex and I have a court order in place where by our children go to her  ever other weekend and one day per week.

    Now and again there seems to be a day where something is going on but they are at her house and the children don’t get to attend parties ect as she wont take them. Also this year my birthday falls on a weekend that they are at her house.

    I have asked if they can come to me for the day but she refuses and states that the court order states its her weekend.

    How to I get this changed in that on parents birthdays the kids spend the day with whichever parents birthday it is. I am open to being flex-able but the ex wont budge. Do I need to go back to court?



    #61627 Report



    if she refuses to be flexible and swap weekends, then I don’t think there is much that can be done. the option to return to court is open, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

    #61630 Report



    if party invitations arrive for days with their mother, I relay them to her, to deal with them. Same procedure for anything else that falls on her days. It is her time and she plans it.

    I would not think parents birthdays are a reason to alter the court order. Aren’t we grown-ups who are able to have our birthday parties on a day we want them to be? I don’t think the children will miss out anything here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register