Court afterwards

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Court afterwards


Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • #64831 Report


    Hi, first time posting
    I really don’t know who to talk to. After a long battle at court there was a court order agreed. My sons father is using metal abuse to myself and my 7 year old son. My son really don’t want to go. His words ” dad’s nasty and a lier. He tricks me in staying there. I don’t want to go . His house is freezing and he don’t cook . All I have is sausage.  He won’t let me come home. I cry alot and he laughs ” I’ve contacted social and the school for help and they say the same…..I have to force my son to go. How do you force a scared child to go somewhere they don’t want to go. This is shorted as I get alot of abuse of him also . Any help would be appreciated

    • This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by GingerbreadHelen. Reason: Removed formatting code
    #64948 Report


    Hi @Ginge, I’ve moved your post up so other users see it. Please look out for a private message from me too with some ideas for support.

    best wishes, Helen

    #64955 Report


    Thank you Helen 😊

    #64975 Report


    hi, it’s strange, if it is the case he is being horrible to the child, then why would he want to spend time with him? Did you try to contact his dad and explain some of your concerns, and what response do you get? I think you should try to encourage son to carry on spending time with his dad. other options would possible be going back to court. but from my experience, they do not take the wishes and feelings of a young child that seriously. they may do at older age, perhaps 11/12 and above.

    #64979 Report


    Please stop sending your son to his dads, he sounds like a complete narcissist it’s no good for your son,  contact your social worker and report his behaviour and your concerns, it’s not healthy for your son to be in that environment

    #65178 Report

    Rosy Cheeks

    This is all too familiar… had similar issues with my eldest.If it’s in a CAO then technically you should send him. But if you are having genuine concerns for his welfare then don’t send him. Document everything and get some support. You might need to reapply to the courts to amend the CAO. Did you have a section 7 report done? I really feel for you….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register