Having sucessfuly 50/50 coparented with my ex for 3 years, and then developed a stable longterm long distance relationship with a new partner (also has their own children) a storm cloud is developing on the horizon however.
There is approximately 90 miles (1hr 30min drive or 50mins by train) between my current location (and work and children) and my new partner… I really want our new relationship to work, and currently we see each other on our non-children weekends and during holidays… but eventually we’d like to move in together, which for various reasons would mean me moving to them and not them to me.
So I am faced with a choice of delaying moving in with them for up to 7 years (and losing those years of a “normal” relationship) or choosing to see less of my own children (from 50/50 down to weekends and part holidays).
Does anyone have any experience of similar situations?
Personally I’d stay where you are, your children are only children for a very short time in the big scheme of things and there’s just too much to miss out on. I know it’s difficult and frustrating for your relationship but if it’s meant to be it will be worth the wait.