Claiming Universal Credit but my ex partner has no fixed address

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Claiming Universal Credit but my ex partner has no fixed address

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #63552 Report


    So i have been separated from ex partner for nearly 3 months. He moved out immediately but lives in a portacabin at his work place. As he has no fixed address everything is still registered to the house we shared. I have put in a claim for universal credit which has been accepted. My local council have been in touch saying that my ex is registered as still living with me and they now want confirmation of the date he moved out and his new address which he doesn’t have! As it stands he won’t take his name off the council tax as it will be a problem with his credit rating apparently. I don’t know if im able to explain what is going on to the council without it getting him in trouble. I dont think he plans on getting a fixed address anytime soon. I am supposed to be taking over the bills come January so was trying to get everything in place. Ant advice would be much appreciated! 

    #63560 Report


    Depending on your council I think there is an occupant update form you can request. I think it can be done just like notifying the r council

    when someone moves in (Eg I was able to add a young relative as a non liable occupant when they moved in) for my council it involved me emailing the rates centre and asking to add someone, I was then sent a paper declaration to sign (came via post to the rates address so only someone occupying the house could open it).

    depending on how you feel – you could either call / email asking to remove someone as an occupant. And provide as much or as little information about the fact someone has moved out as you feel comfortable.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register