Child’s surname change

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Child’s surname change

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #50472 Report


    I am hoping someone can help me please. I have a Court Order stating that my child’s surname be double barrelled (as my ex applied for this). This is against my wishes. The General Registrar Office, say they need my permission to change the surname, even though they have the Court Order. I do not want to be held in contempt of Court. However what the General Registrar Office is saying contradicts the Court Order. I am pulling my hair out trying to find out what is correct. Has anyone else been through this?

    #50493 Report



    have never been through this. If that’s what registrar is demanding, you can give permission and double barrel the surname as the court order states.

    #50498 Report


    You would need to check your court order to see if its been ordered or if its a recital or done by consent. If its court ordered then you would just need to sign at registrar office so childs name can be double barrelled


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register