Child Tax credit

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Child Tax credit

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #49326 Report

    Matt W

    My wife left several months ago but has not informed the Tax credit people that she’s no longer living with her children. Recently I asked her to inform them so that I may collect the payment. She just went ballistic shouting that she will always be our children’s mother, something I wasn’t questioning. She’s  now receiving the payment and spending the money. I’ve spoken to the relevant department and they told me to put in a counter claim, they have also asked me to pass on the letter they will send to my wife informing of her right to challenge. I know where she is living  but Its not her permeant address, I know as soon as I give her this letter all hell will break loose. Would it be wrong of me to just ignore it when it arrives ? After all she doesn’t seem interested in anything else that arrives for her.

    #49327 Report


    Good Morning

    All is fair in love and war.Or something similar.

    If you have difficulty with your conscience,explain circs to them and provide her address even if temporary if you want her to get the info.That way it’s nothing to do with you and she can’t blame you.Considering the situation it’s not your job to get her post to her.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register