Child Maintenance ex hasn’t paid for 4 months

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Child Maintenance ex hasn’t paid for 4 months

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #42118 Report


    I had an agreement with my ex to pay a low manageable amount to help her out which was a silly thing to do on my part. My ex I found out was earning in excess of 20k for the last year so I contacted the Child maintenance they checked her pay & immediately trebled her monthly payment to which she paid only one month & since then has refused to pay anything even though her pay hasn’t changed she has used the lockdown & the fact there is currently no enforcement in place as the child maintenance isn’t actively dealing with this issue.

    The result is she now owes a considerable amount of money to myself & is going on holiday this week. How long am I supposed to wait as my two children receive nothing from there mother apart from lies & excuses.

    I have contacted the child maintenance message service as there’s no phone contact available due to staff being moved to deal with universal credit.

    #42945 Report

    1. Hello.
    2. Sorry you’re going through this. The CMS is a long slow process. When my child’s Dad stopped paying it took about 6 months to get the deduction of earnings set up. This means that there were arrears owed too, these are added on to the payment you will receive (whenever you eventually get it) and will reduce slowly. Well, it’s slow in my case!
    3. You can use the online message service to get in touch with them just now. I dont think you can phone just now because of Covid.
    #42946 Report


    sorry to hear you are facing this situation, especially in the current environment when financial security is so uncertain, my son is 8. I have never received anything from my ex husband so know how tough it can be.

    i hope you will be able to sort this out asap for you and your children


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register