child maintenance

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum child maintenance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #29426 Report



    So your ex works  for a freind  and after I started to claim   child maintenance the company  he is working for is  declaring they are paying my ex one quarter of his actual wage and then give him cash with the rest, what do I do, is tis not fraud? .

    Its so obvious, when you look back at his earning history before the claim was made he was earning 2.5  over what he is seen as getting now.

    How can he continue to get away with it? is there anythng I can do?  ive tried telling child maintenace team and they said thier hands are tied?


    #29434 Report


    It depends how it is done. For example, if your ex has been made a director and will be paid in dividends at the end of the financial year, then the income will be registered at that time.

    Or he might have set up a limited company and they are placing work with him through that, he will have to do a company return in a year’s time and income will be recalculated then.

    It’s unlikely they are just paying him cash because how would they account for it in their books? But if they are, yes that would be tax avoidance.

    Try checking the companies house web site.

    #29435 Report


    thank you so much . I will.

    #29440 Report


    Hi Annjane

    If you’re a single parent and  want advice about child maintenance you can ring the Gingerbread  helpline on 0808 802 0925.  In the meantime, here’s a link to our information

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register