Child arrangement

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Child arrangement

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #62800 Report


    Good afternoon ,

    I m in process of divorce and I feel my solicitor is not being on my side. I feel completely  frustrated.

    I have been receiving a very symbolic CMS which was never justified , my solicitor has been requesting backdated payment and shortfall , he is self employee . They lately told me to apply for CMS and then clarified that backdated payments cant be claimed by financial proceeding . CMS confirmed they cant claimed from dates previous from the registration , Anyway, I applied CMS and because he is a self employee , now the CMS is £80 montlhy , he makes £100000 per year … Can some one please recommend a good solicitor?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Kind regards,




    #62805 Report

    Andrew uk

    Get a McKenzie Friend

    #62900 Report


    not sure what mckenzie friend will be able to do. they have a fraction of legal knowledge and experience of a fully trained solicitor/barrister. As the case rests with CMS, I would suggest you to contact them about this issue, as they are the ones who calculate how much maintenance should be paid by paying parent.

    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by steve3334.
    #62907 Report


    Hi Sadiensisco, Our helpline can advise you on this. Helpline – Gingerbread. We also have  webchat on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10am to 1pm  Webchat – Gingerbread

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register