Changing children’s surnames

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Changing children’s surnames

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #56142 Report


    We had a hyphened surname, I intend to drop my ex’s name and revert back to my maiden name. 2 of my children were born after we were married and want to change their names to match mine – their father doesn’t object- I know I have to do this by deed poll. My confusion is our eldest 2. We weren’t married when they were born and they had my surname, we re registered them when we got married and they got the hyphened surname- but they still have their original birth certificates. Can they just revert back to that surname with their birth certificates as proof, or do I need to change their ls by deed poll too?

    #56167 Report


    Hi PebMum,

    I’m Vee, a moderator on the forum. There is some information about changing your child/ren’s name(s) on the Gingerbread website:

    Hope this is of help,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register