Career change

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Career change

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #9902 Report


    Hey everyone!

    i am a single parent of a beautiful one year old baby boy… I currently work as a health care assistant for people with mental health problems however since having my son I am struggling to get back into the job. I feel like my heart is not in it anymore, I find it extremely stressful and am finding myself seriously anxious every time I’m at work and it is starting to take its toll on my relationships with not only other staff members but my family and friends too I am snappy, aggitated and depressed and I want to make some drastic changes!!

    i want to leave my job and start fresh with hopes of going to college and then onto university. However I am really stuck in terms of what help I can get financially at the moment I work 16 hours and get housing benefit, working and child tax credits and of course child benefit.

    I do not want to put myself in a position were I am completely skint and cannot afford the life I currently give my son.

    i need help and advice if anyone knows how To go about this and if I am entitle to any financial support if I do chose to leave my job and return to education


    thank you in advance!! 🙂


Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register