Can anyone help? Going through break up with bisexual partner

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Can anyone help? Going through break up with bisexual partner

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #19943 Report


    Hi all,

    I have two children 4 and 8. Whilst my partner of 13 years was working away I found out he was bisexual and meeting other men.

    He is due to go away with work again soon and has just taken on a year contract.

    I have told him that I no longer want to be in a relationship, but he doesn’t seem to be listening and he thinks we can sort it out!

    I am looking to move out and want to find somewhere else for me and my children to love. If we sold our house I’m not sure what I would be entitled to? We are both on the mortgage so would that mean we would get 50/50? I’m worried about finding somewhere as I work part-time as I do the school drop off and pickup as he works 12-13 hours a day.

    I wouldn’t be able to afford to rent and wouldn’t have enough to buy a house on my own. Can anyone advise?


    Thanks xx

    #19946 Report


    What are the terms of the mortgage? If you are listed as equal partners, then you should be entitled to 50% of the equity in the house, less fees.

    Is your partner your children’s dad?  If so he will have to pay maintenance as a % of his income, and linked to how many nights a year he looks after them. Look at the CMS calculator to work out roughly how much. Is your partner self employed as this can make claiming more difficult.

    Also check govt benefits calculator for benefits entitlement. And check childcare entitlement, so you could possibly use breakfast & afterschool clubs.

    You need to see a solicitor – so perhaps do some research, and then go along with as much information as you can find, and a list of prepared questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register