Can anyone advise me please?

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Can anyone advise me please?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #29087 Report


    Hi everyone,

    I am in the early stages of filing for divorce.

    The house is in my husband’s name only and I am in the process of  buying somewhere else. I am due to move out mid Sept with our two kids aged 3 and 6.  Husband is staying in the marital home.

    Last week, he agreed to move in to temporary accommodation for the next month or so while me and the kids wait for my new house to go through. He stayed away mon – Friday.

    Today, he has come to take the kids out. He has just brought them back and now he is refusing to leave.

    He is terrorising me,  emotionally abusing me and bringing our eldest into it. He is not physically violent.

    I can’t cope when he is here, it’s like torture.

    Is there any way I can force him to stay away until we move out?

    Thanks is advance


    #29091 Report


    Hi Sophie,

    This organisation will be able to help:

    Women’s aid The 24hr freephone National Domestic Violence Helpline (run in partnership between Women’s Aid and Refuge) is available on 0808 2000 247 hours a day, 7 days a week. The helpline is answered by fully trained female support workers and volunteers, who will answer your call in confidence. All calls to the domestic violence helpline are free from mobiles and landlines. We can support survivors of domestic abuse, friends and families, and professionals who are in contact with domestic violence survivors.

    It doesn’t have to be physical to be abuse.

    Hope this helps


    #29114 Report

    Hi Sophi3

    Thanks for posting.  It sounds like you are having a very difficult time.  You have already been given some useful signposting, but I will be sending you a personal message with some other options.


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register