C100 Form & Mediation

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum C100 Form & Mediation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #38761 Report


    I want to submit a C100 form to the court to lay out access times, but it said I have to try mediation first.  I’m worried because being in the same room with my ex freaks me out because he is abusive.

    It states that mediation can be exempt if there was domestic abuse, which even went on after we split.  However, I don’t have any proof, I suffered in silence and kept it to myself, and, at the time, did not understanding fully I was a victim.   I can only provide a personal statement, not a police report.

    Also, I’m worried about the cost – do you get any help?


    #38764 Report


    mediation isn’t expensive, I do know there is legal aid support.

    You don’t need a police report, you can request to be in a separate room.

    #38927 Report


    Mediator would explain the procedure. Mediator would be attending and leading the meeting. If your ex would be abusive report can be done and it would go against him.

    I had to invite my ex to mediation. He refused to attend and then mediator written a form as proof that mediation was attempted but he failed. Then my solicitor applied to court.

    Unfortunately you need to apply for mediation before going to court. Your solicitor would be able to explain more.

    You can get legal help and mediation doesn’t cost much.

    Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register