Benefits in Kind CMS

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Benefits in Kind CMS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #18568 Report


    Hi I was wondering if anyone is having or have had the same issue that I find my self facing.

    The CMS are trying to say that my company car that I pay tax on is an actual earning and have taken my P11d as the actual total earned in one year, and have totally ignored my p60. which clearly informs them of who much I earned in that year. I simply can not afford to pay the extra amount that they are suggesting It now totals £419.00 per month, a monthly increase of £97.00. my argument is simply, I physically have not had that money so how can they expect me to pay. I have my son every weekend and pay for all his clothing, food and entertainment whilst he is with me, we have a great relationship but this extra payment will simply take this away from us. (what makes it worse is his mum has a brand new car outside her home and she only works 15 hours a week who  is paying for that I wonder) any help is very much appreciated

    kindest regards


    #18663 Report


    Thanks for the reply, i understand what you are suggesting however, what the fact of the matter is, i have never had that benefit in kind as a cash amount and as such that cant not be deemed as an actual cash amount. could you imagine going to get a mortage and they look at the p11d and say yes thats fine youcan have a mortage based on your p11d and not your p60 that would never happen as you have never had the money paid to you.


    i will fight this in court if i have


    #18667 Report

    Hi KB2416.  Don’t forget about our Single Parent Helpline.  The number and opening times can be found on this link.

    Our experienced  advisers will be able to answer your questions or point you in the direction of those who can.  It is a freephone number but be aware that it can take up to 20 mins to get through.  Please be patient.

    Good luck


    #18687 Report


    An alternative might be to talk to your employer and hand back the company car in return for an increased salary. Explain the problem to HR and see if they can allocate the car to someone else. The CMS calculation would then be calculated on cash only.

    Then buy yourself a cheap runaround for transport.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register