Benefit help

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Benefit help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #51563 Report


    Hi ,I’m a single father with 2kids age 8 and 10.

    I have a house that I let out and currently haven’t lived in for over ten yrs.

    Would I get help with a new mortgage if I moved back there with the kids on our own. I’m not sure what work I would get or benefits to help pay.

    Currently I live with my partner In Rented accommodation but we have separated thus needing some help with what I can do.


    #51642 Report


    Hi… I’m newly separated from my husband who has left the home we own together (mortgaged) I have recently applied for universal credit and asked whether it covered help with my mortgage…they replied to say they do not help with mortgage interest / home loan interest or service charge payments… I’m still waiting in my claim so have no idea help I will get. I would say call them but I’ve tried twice and they really aren’t very helpful. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

    good luck x

    #51740 Report


    I have a house with is jointly owned. I have an occupational order, which means I get custody of the house and look after my 3 children. I get universal credits. I use my universal credits to pay my mortgage. The judge said to me. If I want to live in the house, I have to pay the mortgage so I do. I also work 16 hrs per week.

    You can rent out rooms to help pay towards the cost of the mortgaged. That is what so many people do.

    You can check how much other house owners charge rent by researching flats/rooms in your area. Zoopla is also good website.

    I hope that helps, Thanks Katherine



Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register