Becoming single mother where to look for help

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Becoming single mother where to look for help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #52165 Report



    Currently going trough rough time (separation phase) we’re not married. Still living in his house. My baby boy is 5 month old.
    I just don’t know what to do.. I have nowhere to go as I don’t work I’m still on maternity leave and don’t have family support for long term, I could possibly stay overnight couple of days in the living room but not idea as my little boy is still baby.. where to look for help? I’m wouldn’t be going back to work because I have no one to look after my baby.

    what help could I get? And where from? (Living wise, benefit wise?) already applied for child benefit.

    #52171 Report


    Sorry to hear about your troubles.  You can claim benefits if you are separated but still living in the same house; however, there are strict rules around this and you will have to evidence that you are living separate lives albeit still under the same roof.  I would ensure that there is a joint contribution made to all household bills as this will help ease any financial pressures.

    Let us know if you have further questions, happy to help

    #52178 Report


    I’m not thinking to stay in his house. Is there anything council could offer me? Knowing I’m not capable to pay for the property.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register