advise please

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum advise please

  • This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by babycica.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #5790 Report


    I am from an EU country, going through a separation with my UK resident husband. We have a child (7)and I feel trapped. As a non UK parent I will not get any help as a single mum but if I was to go back to Hungary with my child, I will need his dads permission, that he will deny he said.  Basically he knows Iit wont be easy to leave him and plays on it. In short…He doesnt care about us, works away 4 days a week and on his days off he just goes away doing his own things. I already have been feeling like a single mum for so many years now, I just cant do it any longer. He doesnt want to separate as its comfortable for him, this lifestyle.  Any advise as I feel really stuck in my position at the moment.

    Thanks in advance

    #5792 Report


    Perhaps you can try the gingerbread helpline, also Solace womensaid or coram and your Hungarian embassy for advice. Best of luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register