Advice please

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Advice please

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  GingerbreadJustine 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #28285 Report


    Hello, looking for some advice please! My husband left me and moved out of our marital home. All the mortgage and bills are in his name. I applied for universal credit and haven’t received anything towards the housing. I have always paid towards the mortgage and so have said with the UC i receive i can cover all the household bills and 1/3 of the mortgage. He has now come back to me and said that he cannot afford the 2/3 of the mortgage plus the child maintenance. As after his outgoings at his new place plus mortgage and maintenance he will have less than £100. Where do I stand on the mortgage as it’s on his name but I am in the house with the kids.

    #28287 Report

    #28292 Report


    If you’re renting from him and have a lease uc will pay an amount. If not enough to cover the rent you have two options pay the difference or find a cheaper home.

    Technically as married you’d be entitled to equity and this may take you over the threshold for benefit support.

    #28297 Report

    Hi Mumof2boys

    Its important that you get the right information so you can make informed choices about your situation.  Please feel free to call our single parent helpline.  They will be busy today, so expect to wait for your call to be answered, but all calls will be free.  Here are their details and I hope that helps, Justine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register