Advice on child maintenance

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Advice on child maintenance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #27100 Report


    I am a 27 year old female, I have a 9 month old little boy, when I found out I was 9 pregnant, my ex left me and found out he had been seeing his ex girlfriend whom he has a daughter with behind my back for a long time. He was vile and horrible, begging me for an abortion, calling me horrible thing, saying how he didn’t want a baby with me, and that he would never pay for a child he doesn’t want. I decided to keep the baby, I didn’t see abortion as an option, and there was a chance I might not have children, and he is the most incredible little guy.

    He is now in contact saying how he wants to see my little one (he is telling everyone I’m stopping him seeing my little one, he walked/driven past me numerous times and never even bothered, even on Christmas Eve) he wanted him by himself but explained he is a stranger so I will be around for his sake. He’s met him twice now and my little one was not settled with him. I mentioned to him about starting to pay maintenance as it’s only fair, he is refusing to give me his address until he goes on the birth certificate (he wasn’t put on in the first place, as he wanted to “wipe the both of us out of his life”)

    does anyone have any advice, does he need to be on the birth certificate for me to be able to claim money from him.

    my mum and dad both died last year and have no other family so don’t have anyone for advice.

    Thank you!!

    #27102 Report


    Hi, welcome to the forum.

    I think it totally unreasonable for your ex to expect time alone with your little one so your right to only allow your ex to see your lo when you are around.

    On a practical note id give the gingerbread team a ring on 0808 802 0925 or click the contact link below for more info. They will be able to give you advice regarding maintenance. Another option would be to call this organisation:

    ‘Rights of women 020 7251 6577 We are a women’s charity working in a number of ways to help women through the law. Our vital services aim to provide women with the legal advice and information they need to understand and use the law and their legal rights.’

    Hope this helps


    #27103 Report


    Just thought of another organisation:

    Child law advisory service 0300 330 5480


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register