Advice needed please!!

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Advice needed please!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #5971 Report


    Sorry bit of a long winded one!

    I’m the main carer for my son, his father had somewhere stable to have him overnight until earlier this year. He got divorced and has ended up in a really crappy house share (apparently) and has said theres no way he can even take him there, let alone have him there overnight. Ive had a rough year housing wise, but finally managed to find a lovely home for me and my son to rent. His dad claims he has nowhere else to have him, so the only option is for him to have him in my home and stay here whilst I go elsewhere. So either I have no time to myself, or I have to vacate the home I’ve worked so hard for, for the weekend- which isn’t always an option. It’s very stressful and I cannot keep doing this. I’m not sure what I can do. I understand he is in a tricky position in that alot of house shares do not allow children there, and it’s expensive to rent single occupancy housing. However he does have higher income than me, and less outgoings- yet seems to think I get it all from the magic money tree, so just expects this to go on forever ๐Ÿ™„ I’ve been more than generous in this, but really had enough. I’ve tried to find better house shares for him and found studio flats in his budget but he’s still saying there’s nothing he can do as he’s broke. Are there any other options- specific single dad type houseshares, or anything of that nature?? I’m stuck, and I really don’t know what to do ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register