Advice needed

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Advice needed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #29272 Report


    Hi. I have been wanting to separate from my husband for a long time we are still living in our house. He will not accept it so I’ve decided best thing to do is move out, hope he then takes me seriously and puts out house up for sale. I’ve found a property to rent and family are willing to help with the deposit. My question is should I now apply for universal credit? I know I wont be able to claim for help with housing until I have a date I’m moving but I’m panicking I have nothing to go in a house and no money (apart from part time wages) and I’ve read it can take 5 weeks to go through! But when I’ve looked it asks about current living arrangements, I’m confused! Aimee 😊

    #29369 Report

    Hi Aimee_02,

    It can be quite confusing knowing what benefits to claim and when to claim them when you separate. You can contact our free Gingerbread helpline which has advisers who will give you specialist advice about benefits:



Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register