Advice greatfully received

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Advice greatfully received

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SOLOMUMMY 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #18474 Report


    So, ex is nrp to our child and has no unsupervised contact. They have just applied for a place at our child’s school for their own child and have been accepted. It now seems they are looking to move to the area (a small village) in the new year. (They currently live the other side of town about 40mins away)

    Is there any way to veto/challenge a house move/school application due to a court order that states they can’t have unsupervised contact, worries are it’s gonna get tricky as all of a sudden the nrp is around a hell of a lot more than they have been for the past 6 years! Going to try and see solicitor next week and get there advice but wondered if anybody here has been through a similar situation.

    #18479 Report


    Things won’t change if you have a court order. Simply take a copy into school, explain the situation and that you want ALL staff made aware.

    You cannot stop him relocating unless you have a non molestation order or injunction.which unless the situation leading to supervised contact was very recently is unlikely to happen. Given he has another child and is not deemed a risk to them, you could find returning to court actually results in him pursuing unsupervised contact.

    How long ago was the order made? What grounds?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register