advice about abusive ex

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum advice about abusive ex

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jeasicaaimeeee 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • #19955 Report


    <span style=”font-family: ‘.SFUIText’; font-size: 17pt; color: #454545;”>Injunction against the abusive other parent</span><span style=”font-family: ‘.SFUIText’; font-size: 17pt; color: #454545;”> </span>

    <span style=”font-family: ‘.SFUIText’; font-size: 17pt;”>I’m looking for advice on any parent that has thought about or got an injunction against the abusive other parent. </span>

    <span style=”font-family: ‘.SFUIText’; font-size: 17pt;”>I was in a emotionally and physically abusive relationship with my daughters father. Since her birth I broke free from his cycle of abuse and I have attended the Freedom Programme, informed health visitors, police, victims support and I go to counselling. </span>

    <span style=”font-family: ‘.SFUIText’; font-size: 17pt;”>My daughter has just turned one and after taking her to visit her dad for the first time in 3 months (in a public place) I cried on the way home. I’m under a lot of stress and could be loosing my job due to no childcare which will mean I could eventually face homelessness. But I cried because he is so nasty and argumentative. Then I question if he is right when he tells me how I am as a person. He tells me things like, it’s all my fault that he hasn’t seen his daughter so much in the last year because I’m mad and I start arguments on purpose and I do things on purpose to “piss him off”. Then I almost start to believe him because he’s so convinced in his own lies. </span>

    <span style=”font-family: ‘.SFUIText’; font-size: 17pt;”>So I’m thinking of just ending him to see our child completely by getting the help to put an injunction in place? </span>

    <span style=”font-family: ‘.SFUIText’; font-size: 17pt;”>I’ve suggested he take us to court see her, because then we don’t have to communicate. He won’t dip into his big pockets to do that for his child. </span>

    <span style=”font-family: ‘.SFUIText’; font-size: 17pt;”>Also to mention he’s been in prison, he has been a patient in a mental hospital in the past and has a undiagnosed personality disorder and heavily abuses Majorana.  </span>

    <span style=”font-family: ‘.SFUIText’; font-size: 17pt;”>I can’t handle him anymore in my life making me doubt myself and making me cry after each time I take his daughter to see him. I’m at my wits end. I can not continue my life like this. </span>

    • This topic was modified 7 months ago by  MissT.
    #19958 Report



    #19959 Report


    In an email offer him supervised contact in a contact centre. Cite due to his continued abusive behaviour towards you. Explain at his cost. Say you’ll only communicate via email.


    Then don’t answer calls, block his number. Only respond to emails about this contact centre. Then if he  wants more he’ll go via courts.


    #19971 Report

    Hi MissT

    Justine from Gingerbread here.  I’m sorry you are going through a difficult time.  I will be sending you an email with some signposting options which hopefully will be useful for you.


    #20079 Report



    I’ve been in a very similar situation myself I did the freedom protect along with the recovery tool kit. I ended up stoping the contact all together as my sons father said he couldn’t cope along with the constant emotional abuse he still gave me after being apart a year and both getting new partners! I suggest maybe supervised contact or have you got a third party that would Be willing to drop your daughter off and pick her up from her dad and keeping a book in her bag so ignore she had a fall he could write it in there so you don’t have to have contact directly! I hope all works out and stay strong x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register