Access – ex dictating where and when – Should I get the Courts involved?

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Access – ex dictating where and when – Should I get the Courts involved?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #36874 Report


    Hi, my ex decided last December, after we had moved out of the family home and split the equity 50:50, that he didn’t want the children staying with him 50% of the time. He only wanted to see them after school once a week and on a Saturday (I work on most Saturdays). He often brings the children home late (1 hr 45 mins tonight!) and is currently refusing to give permission for me to take my boys on holiday abroad. I don’t want to have to apply for a court order, but he refuses mediation and will not engage with letters from my solicitor. What do I do? Should I get the Family Court involved? I am loath to start a process such as this but I don’t know how else to get him to respect the times and dates I put in place for the good of the children.

    Any thoughts/ advice gratefully received!

    Sarah x

    #36881 Report


    Hello Sarah,

    I am afraid you have no choice but to submit a C100 form. Prior this you need a mediation. if he failed to attend this will be recorded.

    In the C100 you need to be precise, raise your concern. Then you do you witness statement that you will submit to court. A copy to be given to you ex prior the Hearing.


    Case closed. Don’t let anyone damaging your life and your children’s one.





    #36935 Report

    Hi Sarah85

    Its advisable to seek legal advice.  Comments on here are by parents only and even though their experience may be accurate, laws and information change frequently.  Please contact our helpline where our trained advisers will be able to help you to explore your options.  Here are their details:

    Thanks, Justine


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Log in or register to reply to this thread

Log In Register