50/50 Custody – Two Year Old Twins

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum 50/50 Custody – Two Year Old Twins

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

OneMoonOneStar
    Participant

Hi everyone,

My ex husband and I are going through divorce proceedings at the moment and despite never doing even close to 50% of care involved in bringing up twins, he’s threatening 50/50 custody. How likely do you think it is he’ll succeed? Reasons for divorce are based on neglect & lack of support to me and the girls and I fully believe the only reason is to not have to pay maintenance. Worth saying he works 5 days a week from our jointly owned home in wales (but has a London work address) and I work three days. Any help would be amazing! x

#61638 Report

mumson263
    Participant

Hi, my ex took me to court earlier this year of our 2 year old son for 50/50 access. The judges decided he was too young to be away from mum for 4 nights a week but did get 3 nights a week. The father always had 3 nights access anyway. I hired a barrister from direct access who was great. In a perfect world we’d all have 50/50 access but sometimes it’s not practical with work etc. I work 3 days as well and he is full time. Provide evidence you are the main primary carer and log everything. Try not to go to court though as it’s stressful!

#61639 Report

OneMoonOneStar
    Participant

Thanks so much for your reply! Helps to know people are going through the same thing. What was the distance between your homes? We will have around 40 mins between ours once I move out! What do you mean by has them three nights anyway? I feel like three nights a week is a lot! The dad only does bath and bed twice a week at the moment 😳 as well as the occasional outing on the weekend. How he feels he is the primary / equal carer is beyond me?!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)