50/50 custody options?

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum 50/50 custody options?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JoBloggs
    Participant

Hiya,

My husband wants 50/50. Initially we thought 7 days each  but I am dreading not having the kids for 7 days, it seems so long. Does anyone have any suggestions of arrangements that have worked well for them?

Thanks

#56929 Report

Aussie Dad
    Participant

Hi,

A week about is pretty standard really Jo.  Any less would probably be confusing for everyone, but more importantly the children.  Routine is an important part to try to set in place from the outset – especially for the kids. And if you can sort things out amicably then its the best thing for all and a great way to start in what is a difficult situation.

B.

#56934 Report

steve3334
    Participant

hi,

if a week is too long, some parents do 3 days on, 3 days off.

#56944 Report

NickyBee
    Participant

Hi Jo

I have my 2 children 50/50 with my ex-husband. We had a mid- week “access visit” until Covid struck, which meant I got to hug and talk to them properly even tho they were staying at their Dad’s for the week.

Might that be possible?

We have done a variety of patterns over the 4 years- did set nights initially , but week on week off works best now. Do message me if u want details.

Nicky

#56958 Report

JoBloggs
    Participant

Thanks everyone.

A mid week visit is a good idea.

The thought of not seeing my kids everyday makes me sick to the stomach. How do you get through it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)