4 year old doesn’t want to live with me

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum 4 year old doesn’t want to live with me

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CarlaL
    Participant

Hi all, I’m in a devastating state right now. I split from husband due to just being unhappy over two years ago. We have a little girl who is 4. We have a split custody agreement (informal) which has worked fine. Lately (past 6 months) my little girl has been coming back from her dad’s and every now and then says she wants to be with daddy.

She’s just spent an entire week away from me (longest she’s been gone) and as soon as she came back she burst into tears saying she wants to be with daddy. It got so bad he eventually came and picked her up….. He told me she broke down during lunch saying she didn’t want to come back but she’s giving neither of us any answers.

She has just started school and I am in the process of moving in with my boyfriend… But this was done slowly and always asked her if she was OK to stay over at New partner place every time. She hugs my new partner and says to him she loves him. My ex has said he hears from her that she really like him too.

I’m at a loss as to what to do…. I fear losing my baby.  I’m worried he’ll go for custody and she’ll never want to see me….. I have no ideas or plans on how to fix this.

#43543 Report

Sherinam
    Participant

It is always exciting going to another person’s home, parent or not! She’s only 4 years old and hardly able to make decisions is she? I suspect fun and hardly any rules! When she’s back at school I feel that her intense feelings of not wanting to.liive with  you will decrease. At mo, there are no rules due to covid. Most people have had a good time over the summer holidays and this honey moon period will stop due to school. You are right to feel this way but she at the end of the day you know your own daughter!. My daughters bedroom is a tip so I just pull the door in so I can clear up next week.  She is wanting ice cream for  breakfast.  No one likes rules and she will get fed up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)