16 and pregnant

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum 16 and pregnant

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jjjjlllb
    Participant

I’m 16 and pregnant and unsure on what I am entitled too? Can I get a house on benefits when my child is born? Am I entitled to help or not?

In desperate need of help, so stressed out about this.

#12463 Report

Empty
    Participant

Where do you currently live? Where is the father? How many weeks are you?

#12464 Report

jjjjlllb
    Participant

At the minute I’ve literally just been kicked out of my mums. And the father lives with his mum but doesn’t want the baby. I’m only 9 weeks

#12465 Report

Empty
    Participant

So where are you living now and have you spoken to your council about housing yet – because that’s what they’ll ask too.

#12466 Report

jjjjlllb
    Participant

I’m having to sleep on my sisters sofa. And no I will have to though thank you

#12475 Report

sgeorge-2014
    Participant

Try and reach out for support for you and baby, ie gp, health visitors, antenatal clinics.

I agree that you should speak to your council re housing, you and baby need to be comfortable. Becoming a parent is life changing at any age. Keep positive and trustworthy people close.

Good luck!

#12477 Report

jjjjlllb
    Participant

Thank you! And I will do

#12528 Report

Sherinam
    Participant

Are you working?  How are you going to support a child when you are a child yourself?

#12529 Report

Sherinam
    Participant

You should get in contact with social services as you are homeless. Just because you are pregnant you don’t get a free house automatically.

#12531 Report

Jen
    Participant

Hi hun , hope your keeping well . Becoming a parent at any age is life changing . I am 47 now I had my first daughter at 17 . She is a beautiful successful young woman of 26 now . So it is do able , but not easy your life will change without doubt from your friends but that doesn’t mean the end for you . You have just took a different path . You need to speak with your  doctor and get a health visitor . Hopefully these people will put you in touch with the relavent people . Does your area have a young mothers unit . I know it is very scary but search out for all the help you can get . Your sister is very kind to step in . Mum will cool off it must of been a shock , give her time . Take care sweet .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)