15 months away

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum 15 months away

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  christinaw28 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

christinaw28
    Participant

Left my abusive and violent ex 15 months ago and go divorced this year. Felt really good and like I had recovered from everything that had happened. Started talking to someone who didn’t appear as nice as I first thought, I am glad I was able to recognise it this time, however all it has done is resurfaced my anxiety and made me trust men even less now. is a nightmare and trying to show my children I am not upset is hard as well.

#24320 Report

Ramblinjon
    Participant

Hi Christina,

What your going through is perfectly normal, thankfully the anxiety will soon pass as it’s mainly a hangover from your previous relationship. The trust thing is a different issue and one that I totally understand as do many of us here, all I can say is the right person at the right time will show you that not all men are the same just as I am sure not all women are the same.

Mark

#24340 Report

christinaw28
    Participant

Defo. Just hate had to work really hard to get my confidence up and then people are trying to knock my confidence. Then people on the school run keep judging as well, and I find myself just putting on a smile to mask how I really feel on the inside.

#24342 Report

Ramblinjon
    Participant

Nobody walks in your shoes apart from you so they haven’t the right to judge you, their opinion doesn’t matter so don’t let anyone bring you down. If you know in your heart that you’ve done no wrong then keep in mind this very simple yet coarse phrase ‘f##k em!’ It’s worked wonders for me lol

#24344 Report

christinaw28
    Participant

Lol, defo. I think sometimes I get too bogged down with how people make me feel and then when I have time to think about it I realise there is nothing wrong with me, I just surround myself too much with people who want to use my life as gossip or just judge.

#24365 Report

BluebirdSue
    Participant

Hi I have a friendly piece of advice. If at all possible make as few friends as possible at the school gates. Because I swear some parents still act like they should still be in school. I still have a friend I met there and she is lovely. Thank goodness I don’t have to do the school run. I got picked on because I was one few single working parents by a so called friend. I didn’t even want a job. My job makes me ill. But now I have a few good friends I can talk to about anything. I’ve binned the rest.ย  ๐Ÿ˜€

#24366 Report

christinaw28
    Participant

I agree. I have found this too and starting to talk to less people and I also am really careful who I tell about why I left my ex as I think some people would use it as gossip.

#24369 Report

BluebirdSue
    Participant

Yes as hard as it is I wouldn’t bad-mouth your ex off to ANYONE. Thanks to the beauty of social media ๐Ÿ˜ฉ anyone can find anyone these days and no doubt you’ll get that someone who just loves to stir the pot.

Have you heard the conversations these women at the gates have? Not slagging of SAHMs its mostly tattle-tale and gossip which I find really boring.

Try and time it so your not hanging round there too much. Also tell your kids to make sure they are not last in the queue ready to be picked up. Half the parents don’t look and its so annoying when you’ve waved at yours ๐Ÿ˜‚

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  BluebirdSue. Reason: Accidentally used bad word
    #24371 Report

christinaw28
    Participant

I have recently been given some nasty looks off people, or just have women constantly stare at me for no reason and other people just completely blanking me or others pulling a face to other women when we are all just having a general chat. I know for certain someone I used to chat loads to likes to pass round info about people, so I am making the assumption that they may have let slip to other people things about me, if they do it about other people.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)