12 weeks isolation with children

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum 12 weeks isolation with children

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Clara1
    Participant

Just wondering whether there are other single parent families where all are isolating because of coronavirus shield and protect.

To talk about the experience both now and in the future

#38754 Report

Lottie5412
    Participant

Hey!

I’m a single momma and have no one in the home with me. It’s emotionally draining, frustrating and I’ll be honest. I love my boy but I cannot wait for him to return to school.

What do you wish to talk about?

#38757 Report

Cmor
    Participant

My daughter is 30 weeks pregnant, with twins, 2 other children…. planned caesarean, being told not to mix households…. impossible!

#38758 Report

Sherinam
    Participant

Yesterday our online delivery came. Today I picked up some food that my sister kept in her freezer for me. Tomorrow we will take some of it to an elderly relative who has been stuck at home for 4 weeks. We are able to go into the garden to do use the paddling pool . Am sorry for those who don’t have outdoor space to go to.  It must be mental torture locked up all day with all the challenges that single parents must endure

#38943 Report

xxx
    Participant

We have isolated since school closed and the week before that we only did the school run. Childminder had already shut. We already stopped all others activity because I wanted to protect us before lock down was even official. 4 weeks alone together and counting. I’m exhausted. Still working from home. But so far surviving. Wish you all well xxx

#40345 Report

Debbie10
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been shielding with my 2 daughters since 20/3 as 1 is extremely high risk, she’s 13. I’ve  been told that I need to return to work next week as I can social distance, but when I read my daughter’s shielding letter that evening I realised that I would have to social distance from her at home! How can you do that with a 13 year old who’s frightened? I’m worried out of my mind.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)