Reply To: Becoming single

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Becoming single Reply To: Becoming single

#39894 Report


I would say that seeking help for the alcohol abuse was definately the correct first step. You need to be sure that you are in a good place mentally and physically for the sake of your children.


However in regards to visitstion etc the best advice is to either attempt mediation or seek the advice of a solicitor. Because if you have nothing formal in place then your ex has no obligation to grant anything you request. Go through the proper channels to arrange a formal access agreement. And ensure you remain civil and polite and focused on your recovery and the best interests of your children moving forward. It may be worth speaking to your gp and explaining the situation and your feelings of sadness and loneliness as they may be able to help.


Stay safe