Reply To: New single mother

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum New single mother Reply To: New single mother

#34704 Report


Hi Strawberry, It sounds nightmarish. Where are you, in the UK?

Who owns the house or is on the lease? If it is your husband’s house, it is also yours and he cannot demand that you leave.  You need legal advice before you do anything. Solicitor, Citizen’s Advice or WomenAid

If the house is your mil’s then call the council housing office on Thursday morning. Explain that you and the children are being made homeless immediately. Look at the govt benefit calculator on-line.

Do you have someone in RL to provide moral support?