Reply To: Problem with child residency

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Problem with child residency Reply To: Problem with child residency

#34300 Report


Sandrinha, he cannot just take her, no. At two years old, a court would give him access of a few hours, several times a week, and they would take a very dim view of his threats.

You need to go and see a family lawyer. Some offer a free 30 minutes and will explain how you can get a court order. Or call the Gongerbread helpline, or woman’s aid on Monday.

In the meantime, if your ex comes to your house, don’t answer the door.  He has no right to come in.  If he makes a fuss, call the police.  Lock your little one’s passport and birth certificate away.

He cannot just take her and if he tried, you will be able to get her back. Is your ex British? Does he have family abroad?  If you think he might try to take her out of the country, call the helpline on Monday morning.