Reply To: Advice needed

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Advice needed Reply To: Advice needed

#32802 Report

Hi Lonely87

Thank you for posting on the forum.  It sounds like you have been going through some difficult things.  Its important you get the right advice and support straight away.  If you have concerns for your child the NSPCC helpline will be able to offer you advice on how to manage this.

• NSPCC – support for any adult concerned about the safety of a child – 0808 800 5000

With regards to you feeling scared, if at any point you or your family feel threatened its important to call the emergency services straight away on 999.  You can also seek help and advice from the following:

• National Domestic Violence helpline – for support with regards to historic abuse  Freephone, 24-hour: 0808 2000 247

• Women’s aid – is organisation runs the national domestic violence helpline, but their website may be able to offer you information.

With regards to stopping contact this next agency will be able to advise you further around your ongoing rights.

• Child Law advice service – they again provide legal advice on family law issues related to children, so if you are thinking of stopping contact they have information on their website about this, and a helpline staffed by legal specialists 0300 330 5480

I hope that you continue to use the forum and I am sure there will be parents here that have been through similar circumstances.

I wish you well, Justine