Reply To: Advice & Support

Home Online forum Gingerbread Forum Advice & Support Reply To: Advice & Support

#31663 Report


Dear Andrew,

Your wife cannot take your children to Australia without your consent. Although your children have dual citizenship they are habitually resident in the UK. Under the Hague convention if your ex moved to Australia with your children without your consent or a court order then your children would be repatriated back to the UK. Of course you don’t want it to go that far and you can get a prohibited steps order if you fear there is a flight risk. I think you can get a court order to mandate your ex to hand over one or more passports but hopefully it will not be needed if she understands the legal issues. I suggest you contact the charity Reunite that gives free advice to prevent international parental child abductions. I have contacted them over the years and they have airways given me excellent information and support.