The Great Ginger Bake – Sign Up Today
We love gingerbread at Gingerbread so we are bringing back The Great Ginger Bake for another year to celebrate our favourite sweet treat!
Our baking challenge will keep everyone busy over the half-term holidays and you can raise money for Gingerbread and win some amazing prizes along the way!
Everyone is welcome to take part. If you’re on social media, we would love to see how you’re getting on. Please share your baking successes (or failures if you’re having one of those days…) using #GreatGingerBake.
- Challenge 1 (from 23rd October)
For our Trademark Challenge, we’re want you to create a 2D or 3D gingerbread structure or design. It could be a gingerbread house, a gingerbread art piece, gingerbread characters – the more creative the better!
- Challenge 2 (from 30th October)
Our Main Event Challenge falls over the Halloween weekend so we want you to make your spookiest gingerbread! It could be a haunted house, gingerbread zombies or skeletons, or gingerbread pumpkins.
Our competition is open to anyone who fundraises as part of their baking challenge. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, permission from a parent/guardian if under the age of 18, a photo of each of your baking creations and a link to your fundraising page no later than 23:59 on 5th November 2021. Please see terms and conditions below for more information.
Prize for best bake (as voted for by our judging panel)
- A giant personalised and decorated gingerbread heart made by the Maid of Gingerbread
Prize for top three fundraisers
A choice of:
- a home Afternoon Tea kit for two from Cutter and Squidge
- a beautiful jar of biscuits from Honeywell Biscuit Co.
- a six-month subscription to Little Cooks
And everyone who takes part and raises a minimum of £20 will receive a wooden spoon and an e-certificate.
Plus everyone who signs up will also receive access to Maid of Gingerbread’s Bake Your Own: Chocolate Gingerbread Halloween Haunted House recipe, printable template and step by step video, usually worth £5.
Up for the challenge?
Great! All you need to do now is let us know you want to take part by signing up below. We will then send you some exclusive baking-related goodies as well as details of how to set up your fundraising page before the challenge starts.
What are you waiting for? On your marks, get set… bake!
Competition terms and conditions
The Great Ginger Bake is being organised by Gingerbread, the national charity working with single parent families. Our mission is to create a world where single parents and their children can thrive.
By taking part in the competition, entrants agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- The competition is open to anyone who bakes and fundraises as part of the challenge.
- Entries should be submitted to email@example.com.
- Entries should consist of the entrant’s name, permission from a parent/guardian if under the age of 18, a photo of each baking creations being entered into the competition and a link to the associated fundraising page.
- The closing date for submissions is 23:59 on Friday 5th November 2021.
- Winners will be announced no later than Friday 14th November 2021.
- The copyright of the entire image used in the design must belong to the entrant.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the designs they submit. By entering the competition, all entrants grant Gingerbread the right to publish their design(s) on our website, social media and other publicity materials.
- Gingerbread will choose the winners. Gingerbread’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
- Gingerbread reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Any breach of these terms by an entrant will void their entry.
- Consent from a parent/guardian must be given for entries from children (under 18), as well as for publicity.
- The winning entries and names will be displayed on Gingerbread’s website, social media pages, email and other publicity materials.
- Up to four winning entrants will receive a prize. This will be sent to them within two weeks of announcing the winners.