Holiday period - 18/04/14 − 21/04/14

You are welcome to use our forums throughout the holiday period, however the forums will not be moderated between 18 April - 21 April. If you wish to report a post during this period, it will be dealt with as soon as possible on or after 22 April. If you are seeking urgent help, here is a list of organisations that are open during the Easter period.

We wish all our forums users and members a very happy Easter!

Signposting information for bank holidays

Domestic violence

If you are in immediate danger then call 999 for help. The organisations below can support you in deciding what to do about your situation and what options are open to you.

For women

National Domestic Violence Helpline

0808 2000 247

www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk

Welsh Women’s Aid

0808 8010 800

www.welshwomensaid.org.uk

Scottish Women’s Aid

0800 027 1234

www.scottishwomensaid.org.uk

For men

Men’s Advice Line

0808 801 0327

www.mensadviceline.org.uk

Missing children

If your child has gone missing or you are concerned about abduction of your child call 999. The following organisations can support during this time.

Missing people

116 000

www.missingpeople.org.uk

Reunite

0116 255 6234

www.reunite.org

Confidential help if you have had a child abducted or you fear your child may be abducted

Child safety concerns

You can contact these organisations anonymously or telephone 999 if a child is in immediate danger.

NSPCC

0808 800 5000

www.nspcc.org.uk

ChildLine

0800 1111 (free from landlines)

www.childline.org.uk

For children and young people aged 18 and under in trouble or danger

Homelessness

If you have become homeless and need to find emergency accommodation contact your local council's homeless persons unit or Shelter.

Shelterline

0808 800 4444

www.shelter.org.uk

Emotional health.

If your feelings are so overwhelming that you fear you may harm yourself or another person then call 999 and ask for help or go to your nearest accident and emergency department. The Samaritans or NHS services can help you in times of distress.

Samaritans

08457 90 90 90.

jo@samaritans.org
www.samaritans.org

NHS Choices

www.nhs.uk

NHS 24 Scotland

0845 24 24

Drugs and alcohol

If you need urgent help about drugs and alcohol you can contact talk to frank.

0300 123 6600 (24 hr)

www.talktofrank.com

We provide expert advice, practical support and campaign for single parents

• Join us

Welcome!

Get chatting and meet new single parent friends in the Gingerbread online forums

How it works here

A guide to using the Gingerbread forums, plus our netiquette and rules.

Where to go for advice

Details of organisations, including Gingerbread, that can support single parents

If you need help urgently

If things get too much, details of where to go for immediate help

Forums  /  Public discussions - anyone can read  / Bereavement  / BEREAVED PARENT?
BEREAVED PARENT?

Posted Sun 13 Mar 2011 07:56

I wouldnt look no further on this website you are probably better off looking on the WAY or the Widows Association who are dedicated to widowed parents.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 2011 09:54

eastburn wrote:

I wouldnt look no further on this website you are probably better off looking on the WAY or the Widows Association who are dedicated to widowed parents.

This site is more dedicated to single parents NOT WIDOWED PARENTS I havent had no support from Gingergbread

Posted Tue 15 Mar 2011 17:25

Hi Eastburn

It is clear you are very upset about something and I, and I am sure others, would like to help but we really can't with only the information we have.

I have replied to another of your threads but please remember the messages you post on the forums are going to members of Gingerbread, other single parents, not Gingerbread the organisation itself.

There are many here would love to help but can you please give us a bit more information about what the problem actually is?

Posted Thu 28 Apr 2011 11:27

Thanks I have never heard of them.

205 active users

0 members, 205 guests