We provide expert advice, practical support and campaign for single parents

• Join us

Welcome!

Get chatting and meet new single parent friends in the Gingerbread online forums

How it works here

A guide to using the Gingerbread forums, plus our netiquette and rules.

Where to go for advice

Details of organisations, including Gingerbread, that can support single parents

If you need help urgently

If things get too much, details of where to go for immediate help

single mum looking to meet a single dad

Forums  /  Public discussions - anyone can read  / Single Dads  / single mum looking to meet a single dad
single mum looking to meet a single dad

Posted Mon 27 Feb 2012 11:21

hi, i am a single mum of one, he is 5. we live in the Hertfordshire are. I am looking to make new friends with single dads which could lead to love. I feel my son really could benefirt from good male rolemodels in his life and new play mates.
if you are interested in having a chat please feel free to email me.
thank you
j

Posted Mon 27 Feb 2012 17:06

hi there hun am single dad of 3 girls and am fighting for my boy as well if you wood like to chat add me on facebook carl wally walster and we can chat

Posted Thu 29 Nov 2012 12:50

Hi
My name is jo . I'm from st Albans. I have a 6 year old son. It would be great to talk or meet up one day for a play date. Hope to hear from you . X

Posted Thu 29 Nov 2012 13:03

Hi Jo,

Its very refreshing to find somebody that actualy wants to date a single dad, good on you!!!

Mark x

Posted Thu 29 Nov 2012 13:10

Wouldn't go as far to say ill date but my son could benefit from a good role model. Friends would be great.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 2012 13:14

Sorry, your first post mentions friends possibly leading to love so I assumed that when the love part happens that would include dating....

Good luck with your search.

Posted Fri 07 Dec 2012 22:57

Hello :-)
I'm sure there must be loads of single mums looking to start again, albeit slowly....... I know for myself I'd be more comfortable with a single dad than with someone without kids...... I could DEFINITELY do with a carpenter ! ;-)
Penny x

Posted Fri 07 Dec 2012 23:29

Hi Penny,

welcome to the forum!

Perhaps youd like to discuss your carpentry needs in private? If so could you either pm me or enable pm-ing on your profile.

All the best

Mark

Posted Wed 16 Jan 2013 07:53

hey penny i would love to be a carpenter

Posted Wed 23 Jan 2013 22:16

hi im also lookin for a single dad any tips where im likeley to meet one? now i have a son i dont think id ever want to b with a man that isnt a parent. all the baby groups in my area is all mums. im only 22 aswell so seems like its going to take more than a miricle for me to meet a single man my age group whos a dad :/

Posted Fri 25 Jan 2013 21:29

The playground when picking up or dropping off can be a place to find a like-minded other.

I'm not had much luck on that front myself... but I've seen a few successes.

Soft play areas are one to try as well.

I'm 25; single Dad since 23 so there are quite a few of us around

Happy hunting.

Posted Sun 27 Jan 2013 22:33

hi all..
would be great to chat some more and meet up for a play date

Posted Tue 29 Jan 2013 23:27

hey joanne id love to ge to know ux

Posted Sun 03 Feb 2013 19:59

HHiiyyyaaaa single mum of four.

It has been nearly 3 years since my divorce and tbh has been a long hard battle to find my sanity again. I never new that there were such dark places that a person could go to. Anyhow I am here, looking to chat and meet people once again. I have two boys with needs and also work with Autistic children and children with challenging behaviours, so if there is anyone that wants to have a natter or a giggle then please feel free to give me the nod.

Love

Jo x

Posted Thu 14 Feb 2013 21:24

Hi Vnessa78,

welcome to the forum!

You enable other people to pm you by clicking on 'my forum profile' once youve logged in, on the left hand side you will see a tick box that says something like 'allow other users to personal message me', however you dont need to enable it to message folk as long as they have already enabled it, just go to their profile page and if it says ' send user a pensonal message' then theyve already done it, the option on your profile page is only to allow an unsolicited meassage from somebody else, not personal messaging in its entirety.

You should also check out the thread 'evening alone :-(' where they are talking about a more fluent way of chatting.

All the best

Mark

Posted Sat 23 Feb 2013 12:21

I would love to meet a single dad for friendship and to get to know them and maybe date, but finding single dads is so difficult :-(

Posted Sat 23 Feb 2013 12:22

Be my Carpenter? lol

Posted Sat 23 Feb 2013 20:27

Its quite possible that if I knew a little more about you F_6723 Id quite happily be your carpenter!

PM me if your serious :-)

Posted Tue 26 Feb 2013 12:09

hi all im a single dad of 2 looking to meet friends and chats pm me if fancy a chat or anything would be great to hear from anyone :-)

Signature

al ;-)

Posted Thu 07 Mar 2013 23:50

Hello!
My name is Aleks. I would like to meet single dad as well. I'm 25 years old amd I have a boy 6 month old. I love him to bits and want him to have a good role model in life
Reply back if you interested.
Best regards

276 active users

1 members, 275 guests

Richard_2414